Health Resources and Services Administration Bureau of Primary of Primary Care grant of $2,486,157 covers approximately half of the cost of primary care for our uninsured. The balance is raised through foundation grants and donors.
San Mateo County Health System supports RFHCs Integrated Behavioral Health program, Healthcare for the Homeless, and part of the cost for public health insurance eligibility and enrollment through the County’s Health Coverage Unit. Also, RFHC participates in ACE, the County's health coverage program for uninsured adults managed by the Health Plan of San Mateo.
In May 2012 the Center for Medicaid & Medicare Service awarded a Health Care Innovation grant to RFHC for a 3-year demonstration project in partnership with the Health Plan of San Mateo and the San Mateo County Health System.
In FY 2011-12, foundations accounted for 14% of our funding. From the start, foundations have invested in the development of programs, expansion of capacity and providing sustaining core support. For a list of our foundation partners, click on this link. RFHC Foundation Funders
Major Grant Awards
- The David & Lucile Packard Foundation gave $1.5 million to build our new dental clinic.
- The Grove Foundation contributed $300,000 for the support of the dental clinic.
- John & Marcia Goldman Foundation gave $100,000 for our Pediatric Dental program.
- Sand Hill Foundation committed $500,000 to build our new 35,200 sq. ft. facility.
- Sequoia Healthcare District awarded $750,000 to support Ravenswood’s Belle Haven Clinic in Menlo Park over 3 years.
- Tides Community Clinic Initiative awarded $182,000 over 2 years to support Food Systems Change through integrated community education.
- Tipping Point Community gave $175,000 for core support.
We are very fortunate to receive support from many residents in surrounding communities. From year to year, more and more people have joined in the effort and spread the word to their friends and colleagues.