Health Partnerships of Mutual Benefit
As hospitals strategize to reduce the high costs of non-essential emergency room visits and treatment for untreated conditions, their attention is also turned to strengthening the safety net of the primary health care system. Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Kaiser Permanente, Sequoia Healthcare District, and the San Mateo County Medical Center have pitched in their support to enhance our capacity to provide primary medical care and prevention services. Here are examples of some of the resources and services that our health partners provide to RFHC.
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital provides labor and delivery care for our pregnant patients and accepts all of our special needs pediatric cases. It also provides grant support for a pediatrician and a social worker, and provides support for Ravenswood Mobile Health Clinic's outreach to the schools.
"Together our organizations have established a seamless continuum of care for children and pregnant women. By attending to primary care needs, Ravenswood has contributed to a decline in emergency department visits for non-urgent care by people living in the Ravenswood service area, and has enabled Packard Children's Hospital to focus its resources on specialty and critical pediatric care and high-risk prenatal care."
Christopher Dawes, President and CEO, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente has invested in our health information technology, chronic disease care program, and was a major funder of the Get Fit City on the Move social marketing campaign.
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation, a Sutter Health Affiliate, is generously donating free mammography services to250 women who are patients at RFHC.
- SMC Behavioral Health and Recovery provides a grant to support access to primary care based behavioral health services at RFHC.
- San Mateo Medical Center handles adult emergency and specialty care for our patients, including mammography, imaging, and x-ray.
- Sequoia Healthcare District provides funding to increase capacity at the Belle Haven clinic.
- Stanford Hospital & Clinics
- Set up and staffs the Stanford Health Library in our new Center for Health Promotion
- Community Medicine is a rotation site for Stanford Medical School students