Who We Serve
Ravenswood Family Health Center serves a diverse and constantly changing population of low-income families and uninsured residents in south San Mateo County. Our service area includes East Palo Alto, Belle Haven in Menlo Park, North Fair Oaks in Redwood City. Over one third of the residents were born outside the U.S; the majority come from Mexico, Central America and the Pacific Islands.
Profile of our Patients in 2014
In 2014, Ravenswood Family Health Center and Ravenswood Family Dentistry saw a total of 13,426 unduplicated patients.
- 98% live at or below 200% of federal poverty level
- 94% are Latino, African American, Pacific Islander
- 40% are uninsured
- 51% are covered by Medi-Cal
- 39% are pediatruc patients
- 5% are homeless (63 were children under 12 years)
- African American 8%
- Asian 1%
- Latino Hispanic 72%
- Pacific Islander 7%
- Caucasian 5%
- Unreported 7%
RFHC provides a “medical home” to 23% of the residents of East Palo Alto and 18% of the residents of Belle Haven in Menlo Park.