The goal of our Pediatric Department is to improve the health of children by providing high quality pediatric clinical care
- Well child check-ups
- Monitor healthy development
- Vision, hearing, lead screenings
- Same day urgent care
- Follow up care for premature infants, children with asthma, obesity
- Adolescent sensitive services
- Coordinate behavioral health & social services
- Referrals to medical specialists at LPCH
Causes for Concern
- More than 1 in 3 children are overweight or obese by age 5. After 5 years of age, almost 1 in 2 children are overweight/ obese.
- One third of our pediatric patients has visible tooth decay; some even present with broken teeth or abscesses.
- East Palo Alto has the highest hospitalization rate in the County for children 0-14 (25.8 hospitalizations per 10,000 residents). This almost double the County’s average (13.08 hospitalizations per 10,000 residents).
Our Pediatric Team
RFHC contracts with Stanford and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital for its pediatric providers. See our pediatric providers.